Translate

Sunday 5 April 2015

Israel to deport Chinese boy, leaving mother in Israel

Israel to deport Chinese boy, leaving mother in Israel

Shing's mother married an Israeli citizen, however that does not prevent the Interior Ministry from deporting him back to China.

After 4 months in a school in Sderot, Shing shows off his Hebrew, "Grandmother, Grandfather, Mom, Dad, good morning."  When Channel 2 News last met Shing and his mother Mini during Operation Protective Edge, his only Hebrew vocabulary consisted of "Tzeva Adom" - red alert. 
Mini married Ravi, a resident of Sderot on the Gaza border. They have a 5 year old daughter together. Shing, the product of Mini's former marriage has joined them and integrated well into the local scene.
The Eliasi family has put in a request to unite the family in order to keep Shing with them. The Interior Ministry refused and ordered Shing to return to China last August. "I don't want to go back to China," says Shing.  "I want to stay in Israel. I want to be with my Mother, Father and Danielle."
The Interior Ministry sent the request to a special committee, but received another refusal. Shing is supposed to return to China very soon. "This is my child," says Mini. "He must stay here." Shin's father in China beat him. Ravi pleads with the Interior Minster, "Please Erdan, look at this kid. Give him a break." "I will die if I go back to China," says Shing.
The Interior Ministry refused to comment since the committee declined his request to stay in Israel and cited that he can stay with his Grandmother and Grandfather in China as he did before. "You are my life," says his mother. "I will never leave you." 

No comments: